Sunday 17 July 2011

Making Tile Coasters

We moved in February and as a result still have lots of unopened boxes - yes I'm a hoarder I know.  Anyway whilst foraging through a box the other day I came across this set of tiles.  

I had bought them a couple of years ago at a recycling centre with a mind to do something with them and that's as far as they got.  Until now...

Today I woke up with the mind to do something for me - not for the Folksy / Etsy shop, and after constantly hunting for a newspaper or something to put my coffee cup down on, I decided these tiles could make sweet little coasters - just for me.

I know its not rocket science, not original, but because these tiles are handmade, no-one else will have a set of coasters like these - yay - always an appeal of handmade.

The tiles have rough bottoms (always a tricky issue - a rough bottom!) and so to prevent scratching my furniture, I glued squares of cork (trimmings from the  CD Coasters  ) to the base of the tiles and hey presto I now have a lovely set of unique handmade tile coasters.
Handmade tiles

Cutting cork

Cork squares glued to bases

My lovely set of tile coasters

Time for a coffee!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment