Tuesday 5 July 2011

Open Garden

For a couple of years now my parents have opened the gates to their garden to the public through the National Gardens Scheme, Gardens Open for Charity.  Both keen gardeners, they spend many hours planting and pruning, mowing and weeding in preparation for the big day.
Recently returned to the area, this year I was in a better situation to lend a hand.  However, my fingers are not as green as theirs, but I do make notebooks.  
So after some weeks of looking (or trying not to look) at the box of supplies, today I made a start on the notebooks I promised to make.  Using coloured postcards of the garden as covers, I have sliced and chopped my way through a pile of paper and banded the books together, ready for wire binding.
When the day comes, these will be on sale to the visitors, ready for them to make their jottings as they wander round the five acre garden.

work in progress







Visit Great Stones Garden, Hertfordshire.  Sunday 7th August 2011

Great Stones Garden

 

No comments:

Post a Comment